What we do
Right Foot Forward WA provides opportunities for young people to engage in quality adventure learning experiences.
Fun, exciting and adventurous camps ranging from 5-10 days
Programs provide opportunities for young people to
- Increase their resilience
- Develop their ability to overcome adversity
- Have a break from social media and the pressures and challenges it provides
- Have a break from demands of their home/school/community environment
- Be in a safe and supportive environment where young people can explore their potential
- Increase their self esteem and self efficacy
- Develop an increased sense of responsibility and respect for self, others and the environment
- Develop skills such as communication, initiative, teamwork, leadership and decision making
- Explore the way positive choices and attitudes affect their life
- Increase physical and mental health
Why Right Foot Forward WA
Young people we work with often face one or more of the following risk factors
- Risk of disengagement from school/education
- Reduced support networks
- Reduced social skills
- Reduced emotional intelligence
- Increased risk taking behaviours
- Increased risk of poor physical and mental health
- Increased prevalence of dependence on social media and technology
- General challenges of being an adolescent
Early intervention tool
Our programs are tailored for schools, services, families and individuals who are looking for an early intervention tool for young people experiencing risk factors which may lead to disengagement.
Boranup Forest, Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park
From this experience I have gained independence and learnt how to respect myself
"These camps get us away from our home life stresses, teaches us life skills, how to cope in challenging situations, make great memories, teaches you how to put up a tent, look after yourself and others, and that you are capable of a lot more than you think." 2018 Attendee
It was fantastic to see where the Grant funding went
“I had a fantastic time on the camp and it more than exceeded my expectations. I felt like it challenged me in ways I hadn’t fully appreciated or expected, but that I responded to those challenges pretty well and felt better for it. I think the adult group gelled really well and definitely did present as a united, positive team. I was proud to feel part of it!
The program was full, but not rushed, well planned and executed. It was fantastic to see where the Grant funding went, and to see the genuine difference this made to these young people.
Westpac Foundation Ambassador who accompanied the group for the whole week.